1/1 Photo of Gum Paste
8 hrs 15 mins
Kay Demonbren's Note:
One of the many many items that went into the making of my daughter's first birthday cake; this is a great medium for the decorations. It is edible, but you'll probably chip a tooth if you try. PLEASE NOTE: You will also need 1 Tbs Gum-tex or 1 Tbs tragacanth gum for this recipe. These ingredients could not be recognized.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix the gum-tex with 3 cups powdered sugar.
- 2Make a shallow well in the center and set aside.
- 3Mix the water and glucose in a glass measuring cup until well blended; heat in a microwave on High for 30 seconds (mixture should be clear).
- 4Pour into the well of powdered sugar and mix until well blended (mixture will be soft).
- 5Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and then seal in a plastic zipper bag; let sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours.
- 6Knead the remaining powdered sugar into the paste when you are ready to use it.
- 7The gum paste will soften as you work it.
Nutritional Facts for Gum Paste
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1867.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 478.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 469.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: