Recipe by TGirl,RN
This recipe was given to me by my BF's mother-we had it with steak and it was delicious. The smokey flavor of the Gruyere makes this hearty potato dish the perfect match to any flavorful beef, chicken or pork meal! It's very easy to double or half this recipe! (You will need to lessen the cooking time if you half it)
- 3 lbs potatoes (sliced thin, peel if desired)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup beef broth (use boullion broth if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter into baking dish.
- Alternate potato and cheese layers, salt and pepper each layer to taste.
- Final layer should be potatoes-pour boullion over dish, dot with additional butter.
- Cover, and bake at 475 for 60 minutes.
- Remove cover, and bake for 10-20 additional minutes until potatoes are tender.
- ~NOTE~ifyou bake this in two seperate pans, it will probably not take the entire 70 minutes of cooking time.