Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gulliver's is an Old World English Resturant located in the heart of Orange County, California. They are best known for their Prime Rib, Creamed Corn and Spinach Souffle
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 8 ounces whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch white pepper or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Combine all ingredients except last two in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend butter with flour.
- Add to the corn.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Put finished corn in heat proof casserole, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place under a broiler until evenly brown.
Had this at a friends house and was a hit with everyone. How can it be bad with all that whipping cream and whole milk! I prefer it with the cayenne pepper as it adds a nice little surprise kick.
This is identical to Traditional English Tavern Creamed Corn. 5 Stars for taste and simplicity in preparation. Just what I had been looking for to make as a side dish to roast sticky chicken ( #8782). Do not use too much flour or it will get too thick. Thank ou for posting.
This is one of my husband's favorites that we serve whenever we cook a prime rib roast. Back in the 1980's we used to dine at one of their restaurants near the San Francisco Airport, but it may be closed now. Funny thing, I had an entire dinner dumped down my back one evening. They were very gracious about it. Anyway, I'm making it again on Christmas Day.