Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Ultimate Gullah cookbook.
- 1 chicken, cut up, washed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup seasoning, Gullah Luv (or salt or pepper mixture)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, self-rising, chicken breader
- 1 cup peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- Make egg wash by beating eggs with milk in a bowl. Season chicken well with Gullah Luv Seasoning or salt and pepper mixture. Cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes depending on size of the chicken. Heat oil to 350 degree. Dip each piece in egg wash. Then coat well in flour or breader. Shake off excess. Drop pieces into oil. (Make sure that oil is enough to cover each piece). Drop thighs, then legs, then breasts and last the wings in one-minute intervals. Set timer for 15 minutes. Check thigh and breast for doneness by inserting skewer or similar sharp object. When done, place in drain pan or allow to drip on paper towel.