Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. Arabian Gulf
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- Combine all ingredients and store in a tightly covered container.
Delicious in your Recipe #257630, where it is called for as an ingredient. I omitted the nutmeg and mace and added Recipe #79179 in their place! I'd like to know another recipe or two or three that call for this mix.
This mixture is great. Like the others, I also agree that the flavor is exotic and has the smallest "kick" from the cayenne. I used this on chicken legs. They turned out really good. I did store the remaining spices for use at a later date. I'll be using it again soon. Thanks for the recipe.
This is fabulous rubbed on Ribs. I let them sit in the fridge for a couple hours before cooking and I think it gave the ribs an extra zip as the exotic flavors mingled. Will definitely make more of this, keep some in the pantry ;) (Made for Bevy Tag 08)