My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp or 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, steamed with old bay seasoning
- 1 -2 zucchini, peeled and cut into matchsticks,parboiled
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- red onion, cut into thin rings,for garnish
- red pepper, chopped,for garnish
- green pepper, chopped,for garnish
- yellow pepper, chopped,for garnish
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 medium basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1---To Make The Dressing---.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- 3Slowly whisk in enough oil to start an emulsion, then alternate oil and vinegar until all is mixed in.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and whisk slowly to combine.
- 5Refrigerate until serving time.
- 6---To Prepare The Zucchini---.
- 7Place the zucchini matchsticks in a basket or sieve and submerge in boiling water for about 15 seconds.
- 8Remove the basket and immediately plunge into ice-cold water to prevent the internal temperature from cooking the zucchini any further.
- 9Drain the zucchini and drizzle with a spoonful of the dressing refrigerate.
- 10---To Put It All Together---.
- 11Peel and de-vein the steamed shrimp, leaving tails on.
- 12Toss the lettuce with just enough dressing to coat lightly.
- 13Arrange the lettuce in the center of small plates and top with zucchini.
- 14Circle 4 to 6 shrimp around the edge of the lettuce and place avocado slices between the shrimp.
- 15Top with red onion ring slices and a scattering of chopped peppers.
- 16Pass additional dressing at the table.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gulf Shrimp of Three Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 749.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens