Recipe by Kim D.
This is my favorite way to fry shrimp! The recipe comes from The Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Cookbook. The secret ingredient is the Spicy French dressing! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium-large size shrimp
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup commercial spicy French dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 2⁄3 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄3 cup white cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact; devein.
- Place shrimp in a large shallow bowl.
- Combine eggs, French dressing, lemon juice and onion powder.
- Pour over shrimp, stirring gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Pour oil to depth of 2-inches into a dutch oven; heat to 375°F.
- Combine cracker crumbs, crushed cornflakes, and cornmeal.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinate.
- Dredge shrimp in cracker mixture and fry a few at a time until golden.
- Drain shrimp on paper towels.