Recipe by LizardMC
I found this recipe on EthnicGrocer.com and fixed for a holiday meal with other German favorites. It was wonderful and hearty on a cold December day, and it was even better the second day. Tastes great with a warm rye bread.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 453.59 g beef, in 1 inch cubes
- 1.23 ml caraway seed
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1419.54 ml beef stock
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml potato, peeled and cubes
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, peppers and tomato paste.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, caraway seeds, paprika, stock and lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 1 1/4 hours Add potatoes and continue simmering until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.