Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on EthnicGrocer.com and fixed for a holiday meal with other German favorites. It was wonderful and hearty on a cold December day, and it was even better the second day. Tastes great with a warm rye bread.
- Heat oil.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, peppers and tomato paste.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, caraway seeds, paprika, stock and lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 1 1/4 hours Add potatoes and continue simmering until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.