Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting for World Tour 2006, this is a wonderfully comforting sounding soup... great for a rainy Spring evening or a dark and dreary winter night
- 2 lbs beef (cut in small cubes)
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 medium potatoes (cubed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in oil or butter; add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add the paprika, bay leaf, caraway seeds, water, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for an additional 45 minutes; stir in the tomato paste and red wine.
- Salt and pepper to taste; remove the bay leaf before serving.