Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Posting for World Tour 2006, this is a wonderfully comforting sounding soup... great for a rainy Spring evening or a dark and dreary winter night
- Brown the meat in oil or butter; add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add the paprika, bay leaf, caraway seeds, water, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for an additional 45 minutes; stir in the tomato paste and red wine.
- Salt and pepper to taste; remove the bay leaf before serving.