Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These essentially are Indian donuts. After you fry them, you allow them to soak in a sugar syrup and serve them warm.
- 150 g powdered milk
- 75 g milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 2 g baking soda
- 400 g sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add butter and milk to the bowl, mix well, and knead.
- Tear off roughly 1 oz of dough and roll them by hand into small balls. There should be around 12 balls in total.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees. Cook the balls for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a saucepot, combine the sugar, water, cardamom, and cinnamon together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooled balls to the warm (NOT BOILING HOT) sugar syrup and serve.