Recipe by Miryam MS, RD
This is the most typical Indian dessert. They are little sweet balls resembling doughnuts with a sugar syrup on top.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- For the syrup combine all ingredients in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer until thickened (about 10min).
- For the dough, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Make small size balls.
- Place balls of the dough onto a hot frying pan with Cannola oil heated through on a deep frying pan.
- To test that the oil is ready drop a little tiny size of dough and if it bubbles around it and floats to the top it is ready to use.