- 8 ounces condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (elachi)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, cream of wheat and ghee well together.
- Add milk and elachi and beat again.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix to form soft jamun dough.
- Leave in fridge overnight. Fry next day in deep oil over moderate heat until jamuns are a lovely dark, tan colour.
- Dip in syrup. Sprinkle colour.
- The Syrup:.
- Mix 1 ½ cups sugar in 1 cup water and when sugar is dissolved, put on stove and boil until syrup begins to form.