Recipe by JoyfulCook
Easy to prepare--spicy but not too hot. It is a great accompaniment from anything from buffets to barbecues.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Excellent recipe. I made a double batch and made a few adjustments. Used 2 pounds of potatoes, a double mix of spices but only two onions. Also added a couple of tablespoons of chopped coriander (cilantro) stems at the very end. One of our guests doesn't cope well with chilli, so I used paprika instead. I look forward to making these with the heat, but they were completely delicious without it. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 lb potato, cooked, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan; fry mustard seeds until they start to pop. Add the onion and continue frying on low heat until the onion turns a golden colour.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and chili powder; stir. Add the cooked potatoes and turn gently to coat well. Sprinkle with salt.
- Can be served hot or cold, heats well in a microwave, but must be heated uncovered. Can be made the day before and kept in the fridge.