Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This traditional western indian dish is a nice change from the tandori chicken commonly available in indian restaurants. I haven't tried this recipe yet. Recipe published in the Montréal Gazette, wednesday august 24, 2005...Marnating time is not included in cooking time
- 1 chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, without the seeds (optional)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- In a food processor, blend together onion, garlic, jalepeno, ginger, salt, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala.
- Mix in oil and yogourt
- Marinate chicken for a few hours or overnight.
- It will take about 20 minutes to cook over medium-hot coals or on a gas covered grill.
If ten stars were possible, DH would rate this with ten stars! I had everything ready when I realised that the meat should be grilled - well, it's still winter and the grill is neatly stored away in the barn... So I just threw meat and marinade into a large skillet and cooked it on the stove top, and it turned out FANTASTIC. Really, DH will eat about anything and like most of it, but this one litterally turned him ecstatic. Thanks for posting - will do this often again and of course also will put it on the grill :) Made for India - More than curry tag game.