1/2 Photos of Gujarat Carrot Salad
Mia in Germany's Note:
This recipe came from a collection of different Asian recipes of which I copied some several years ago. Cooking time includes cooling time of 35 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred carrots and place in a bowl, set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a wok or skillet on medium heat until hot, pour in mustard and cumin seeds. Cover wok or skillet because they splutter and might pop into your face!
- 3As soon as the spluttering stops and they become fragrant, remove wok or skillet from stove, add sugar, salt, chili pepper and tumeric, stir until you get a smooth paste.
- 4Cool about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir warm spice paste into carrots, add lime juice and mix well.
- 6Chill for about 30 minutes before serving, then mix well again and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gujarat Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g