Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the package of Guittard's Super Cookie Chips. If you are lucky enough to find them, they are THE best super-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips. I buy them at Cost Plus World Market ($2.99/bag). The first time I made these I mistakenly used 2 sticks of butter instead of one, and that, along with the very little flour called for in the recipe, made for a batch of cookies that baked up thin, a little crispy and very fragile ... with a taste that's second to none! I have made this recipe dozens of times and ALWAYS repeat that mistake! Give it a try with your favorite chips, if you can't find Guittard Super Cookie Chips!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (I use 1 CUP, unsalted butter)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, large
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (I use 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Guittard Super Cookie Chips, 10 oz. package)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls (or cookie scoop) onto ungreased (I always use parchment paper) cookie sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.