Recipe by aloha808
This recipe is from the package of Guittard's Super Cookie Chips. If you are lucky enough to find them, they are THE best super-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips. I buy them at Cost Plus World Market ($2.99/bag). The first time I made these I mistakenly used 2 sticks of butter instead of one, and that, along with the very little flour called for in the recipe, made for a batch of cookies that baked up thin, a little crispy and very fragile ... with a taste that's second to none! I have made this recipe dozens of times and ALWAYS repeat that mistake! Give it a try with your favorite chips, if you can't find Guittard Super Cookie Chips!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (I use 1 CUP, unsalted butter)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, large
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (I use 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Guittard Super Cookie Chips, 10 oz. package)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls (or cookie scoop) onto ungreased (I always use parchment paper) cookie sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.