Recipe by Ginny Sue
This is my husband's comfort food. He was raised on this and requests it for his birthday and Father's Day every year. This was his mother's recipe; I have named it in her memory.
Top Review by Mia #3
A guisado is almost like a stew, intead of ground beef why not try beef cubes, I think that would work out alot better than the ground-beef. At least thats my idea. Sorry!!!!!!!!!
- 2 large potatoes or 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- flour tortilla, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes into approximately 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large frying pan, cook the potatoes in oil until lightly crisped and browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and bell pepper until limp.
- Add ground beef and cook until crumbled and brown.
- Add potatoes back to pan, and add bouillon, salsa and water.
- Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.