Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a blog Recipes by Leslie. It is so good but quite spicy!
- 3 -4 dried ancho chiles
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 lb chuck steak, cut in 1-inch strips
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- Soak the dried Ancho chilies in boiling water; let cool. Remove stems and seeds from chilies; discard.
- Puree the chilies, the water they were soaked in, the onion and the chicken bouillon in blender until smooth.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Saute steak until cooked through.
- Stir in potatoes, chile puree and an additional 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring guisado to a boil.
- Taste sauce; season with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until very little liquid remains.