Recipe by Mami J
I originally got this from a microwave cookbook but decided it was a hassle to open the microwave every 10 minutes. I adapted it to the stove top. Cooking time will depend on how tender the meat is. Maggi sauce can be found in most well-stocked supermarkets in the ethnic foods section.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut in small cubes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 canned chipotle chile, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark beer
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maggi seasoning, sauce or 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp.Remove from heat.If it looks like there is more that 2 tbs grease, drain a little. Reserve the bacon.
- Add the beef and brown on both sides; add the onions and garlic. Cook until onion is wilted. Add chile and mix.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients except the vinegar. Add to the beef. and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook, stirring once in a while, until the meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Add the vinegar and mix well. Sprinkle with the bacon bits and serve very hot.