Recipe by Mille®
Yet another delicious steak-and-stout combination
Top Review by Kirstin in the Couv
This was just amazing!!! Followed the directions to a tee, except that I let everything cook together for about 30 minutes instead of 5. Big two thumbs up from my guinness-loving BF -- THANKS MILLER!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs steak, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Guinness stout
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups beef gravy
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 8 fluid ounces Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with water below
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan on high heat.
- Add the meat and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning often.
- Add the red onions, mushrooms, dill, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, brown sugar, nutmeg, brown gravy, sour cream, and burgundy; bring the mixture back to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles with a large dollop of sour cream per serving.