Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet another delicious steak-and-stout combination
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs steak, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Guinness stout
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups beef gravy
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 8 fluid ounces Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with water below
- 4 tablespoons water
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan on high heat.
- Add the meat and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning often.
- Add the red onions, mushrooms, dill, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, brown sugar, nutmeg, brown gravy, sour cream, and burgundy; bring the mixture back to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles with a large dollop of sour cream per serving.
This was just amazing!!! Followed the directions to a tee, except that I let everything cook together for about 30 minutes instead of 5. Big two thumbs up from my guinness-loving BF -- THANKS MILLER!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!
Don't know why, but this was not one of our favorites. Almost seemed like there were too many different flavors working against each other.
Unfortunately my husband and I did not care for this recipe. The Guinness stout gave the dish a bitter taste, and the brown sugar made it too sweet. Maybe use a milder beer and no brown sugar? I am sorry.