A recipe placed here for me to try sometime
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups guinness extra stout beer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- 5Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Guinness stout beer. The batter will seem a bit thin. Drop semisweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
- 6Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- 7Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- 8Note: The Guinness should be at room temperature. This recipe uses a little less than a standard 12-ounce bottle of Guinness stout beer. Do not include foam in the measurement. Either spoon off the foam or let it rest until the foam subsides.
- 9Yield: 36 to 48 brownies, depending on cut size.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Stout Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1084 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 28.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet dark chocolate