Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe placed here for me to try sometime
Make and share this Guinness Stout Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups guinness extra stout beer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Guinness stout beer. The batter will seem a bit thin. Drop semisweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Note: The Guinness should be at room temperature. This recipe uses a little less than a standard 12-ounce bottle of Guinness stout beer. Do not include foam in the measurement. Either spoon off the foam or let it rest until the foam subsides.
- Yield: 36 to 48 brownies, depending on cut size.