1/1 Photo of Guinness Stout Brownies
These Brownies are a dark chocolate lovers dream! They are so rich and moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Guinness stout, see Note below
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- 5Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Guinness stout beer. The batter will seem a bit thin. Drop semisweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
- 6Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 30 to 40 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- 7Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- 8Note: The Guinness should be at room temperature. This recipe uses a little less than a standard 12-ounce bottle of Guinness stout beer. Do not include foam in the measurement. Either spoon off the foam or let it rest until the foam subsides.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Stout Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 36.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g