Recipe by Jodi4200
This is a variation of my boyfriend's mom's recipe, done in the pressure cooker. Ready in about an hour, delicious and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day, or can be frozen for a quick and comforting supper on a chilly day.
Top Review by HELLSKITCHEN
Oh MY GOD... this was fabulous. I did embellish a little bit, added some rosemary and thyme - used black lava salt and fresh ground pepper... but this was so yummy I nearly licked the pot out. Also, btw, my 1st attempt to use a pressure cooker... and I have to say 2 thumbs up and seriously 5 stars!!!
- 1360.77-1814.36 g boneless cross-rib roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 8 slice bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 946.36-1182.95 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 0 salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 29.58-44.37 ml tomato paste
- 29.58-59.16 ml flour
- 14.79 ml grainy mustard
- 440 ml canguinness beer (or other very dark beer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon, drain and chop coarsely, set aside.
- Heat oil in bottom of cooker and brown beef in batches, set aside.
- Melt butter in cooker, add onions and mushrooms. Cook until liquid is evaporated (10 to 15 min) Stir in tomato paste, whisk in Guinness, mustard and salt and pepper.
- One tablespoon at a time, add flour until desired consistency.
- Add beef and bacon back to cooker, on med - high heat, get the rocker rocking loudly, reduce heat to med - low and let rock gently for 30 - 40 minute.
- If you don't want your beef to absolutely fall apart in your mouth, reduce the cooking time by about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run pressure cooker under cold water to release pressure quickly and enjoy!