This is a variation of my boyfriend's mom's recipe, done in the pressure cooker. Ready in about an hour, delicious and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day, or can be frozen for a quick and comforting supper on a chilly day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs boneless cross-rib roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 -5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 (440 ml) can guinness beer (or other very dark beer)
- 1Cook bacon, drain and chop coarsely, set aside.
- 2Heat oil in bottom of cooker and brown beef in batches, set aside.
- 3Melt butter in cooker, add onions and mushrooms. Cook until liquid is evaporated (10 to 15 min) Stir in tomato paste, whisk in Guinness, mustard and salt and pepper.
- 4One tablespoon at a time, add flour until desired consistency.
- 5Add beef and bacon back to cooker, on med - high heat, get the rocker rocking loudly, reduce heat to med - low and let rock gently for 30 - 40 minute.
- 6If you don't want your beef to absolutely fall apart in your mouth, reduce the cooking time by about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Run pressure cooker under cold water to release pressure quickly and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Stew (Pressure Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.7
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 734.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 79.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper