Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These are by far the best ribs I've ever had. They are so tender that the meat literally falls off the bone. The Bone Dust seasoning (see Bone Dust BBQ Rub),is an easy-to-make mixture of herbs and spices. This is from the "Hot Sticky and On Fire " recipe book by Ted Reader. It calls for 4 cans of Guinness, but two are for the chef!!!
- 4 racks of baby-back pork ribs (each 1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons bone dust bbq dry rub seasonings (Bone Dust BBQ Rub)
- 4 cans guinness irish stout beer (2 are for the chef!)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups gourmet barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- With a sharp knife, score the underside of the rib racks in a diamond pattern.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp Bone Dust on each of the 4 racks of ribs.
- On the bottom of a dutch oven or roasting pan, place sliced onions and garlic.
- Then lay ribs on top, meat side down.
- Pour 2 cans of Guinness over top of ribs and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in 325 degree oven.
- Braise ribs until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove ribs and set aside.
- Pour Guinness mixture into large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and molasses.
- Bring to boil again, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- In blender or food processor, puree sauce mixture until smooth.
- Grill ribs over medium high heat for 6- 8 minutes per side, basting with sauce.
- Serve ribs in sections of 3 ribs each, along with remaining sauce.