Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rich chocolate Guinness pudding topped with white chocolate Bailey's Irish Cream pudding. Looks like a Guinness.
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 7⁄8 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
Irish Cream Pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Guinness Pudding:.
- Mix sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour Guinness into heavy 3 quart saucepan (if you pour the Guinness down the side of the pan it will not foam).
- Add milk and cornstarch and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat whisking until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture whisking constantly so it does not curdle.
- Pour mixture back in saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Pour evenly into 6 small wine glasses leaving about one inch at top for Bailey's pudding.
- Bailey's Irish Cream Pudding:.
- Place cornstarch, egg, and milk in saucepan and cook over medium heat whisking until bubbly.
- Turn heat down to low and add white chocolate whisking until smooth.
- continue cooking and whisking constantly until mixture is thick (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and whisk in Bailey's.
- Top off the 6 wine glasses with this pudding.
- Cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (the Bailey's mellows more within 24 hours).