Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 fluid ounces Guinness stout
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tabasco hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil potatoes in medium-size saucepan until just tender.
- Peel and slice.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Break into small pieces and mix with onion, celery, and salt; set aside.
- Stir melted butter and flour in a small saucepan until blended.
- Add mustard and sugar.
- Slowly stir in beer and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss lightly and let stand 1 hour.
- Add bacon mixture; toss gently and serve.
I'm afraid this recipe just didn't work out as I'd hoped. It had a very bitter taste and even my boyfriend, who normally loves Guinness, wouldn't eat it.