2 hrs 20 mins
Haven't tried this but it sounds interesting. A fruitcake of sorts made with a wee bit of Irish Guinness. Posted for the British/Irish section of the tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces raisins or 8 ounces currants
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened Irish Butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces mixed peel (the type for fruitcake)
- 1 lb mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Sieve Flour, baking soda & spices into a bowl.
- 3Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat.
- 5Fold in Flour Mixture, raisins, Mixed peel, Almonds and Mixed Fruit.
- 6Add Guinness & Mix well.
- 7Turn in to a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan or 8x8 square pan.
- 8Bake in the center of oven ( 300°F) for 120 minutes, checking cake at intervals after 90 minutes; cover if neccessary to prevent overbrowning.
- 9It's done when a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 10Let cake cool a little in pan then turn onto a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Porter Cake (Zwt Three)
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.7
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.3 mg
- Sodium 322.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: