Recipe by Mille®
Beer - it's not just for drinking anymore!
Top Review by Maine-iac
I just happened to have two bottles of Guinness and thought that the combination with the hot sauce and parmesan cheese was unusual, but it turned out very good - flavorful and tasty. My wife questioned the ingredients, but she too enjoyed it. Of course, I HAD to finish the remaining Guinness and the other bottle was without a friend, so that one also, had to go! Thanks, Mille® ™!
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces Guinness stout (or your favourite broosky)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Pickapeppa Sauce (or other liquid hot pepper sauce)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, broosky and hot pepper sauce with a whisk only until blended, not frothy.
- In an 8½-inch omelette pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- When the pan is hot enough that a drop of water spatters in it, pour 1/3 of the egg mixture into the pan.
- Place one hand on the pan handle, palm down, and move the pan in a back-and-forth motion.
- With the other hand, using a fork, stir the egg mixture in a circular motion, about seven times; sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cheese onto the omelet.
- To turn out the omelet, place your hand on the handle with palm upward- tip the pan and roll the omelet out onto a plate.
- Repeat twice with the remaining egg mixture.
- Serve with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.