Recipe by Veghead
Found on California tourism website. Recipe submitted in Guinness St. Patrick's Day cookoff.
Top Review by Sidewinder314
What can I say about this... hmm... please save yourself the money and avoid. I would have spit it out, but the person who made it was standing next to me... I took one bite - that's all I could stand. Perhaps it may be useful as a prank-food.
- 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 minced shallot
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shallots and garlic in a little butter until soft. Add mushrooms and Guinness and reduce over medium heat until all liquid is
- Brush two sheets of phyllo pastry dough lightly with vegetable oil and cut lengthwise into four strips.
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom mixture onto one strip and sprinkle with walnuts and bleu cheese.
- Fold the dough into a triangle. (It is like folding a flag, if you remember this from your scouting days)
- Place pastry in oven and bake at 350 degrees until pastry is golden brown. Serve and enjoy.