Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Skirt steak marinated in Guinness Stout beer, and grilled to juicy perfection
- 3 -4 lbs skirt steaks
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness stout
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients and marinate steak from 6-24 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat BBQ grill to high heat.
- Grill meat 5-6 minutes per side.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: once meat is down on grill, do not move it around.let the grill do it's work. This is a high sugar content marinade and will give the meat a nice caramelized crust. Turn the meat only once. Check for doneness with a finger poke.
- Meat should be cooked medium rare to medium. It will be extremely juicy and tender.
Had a LARGE, flat piece of beef in the feezer-- unmarked, and can't recall where it came from. On defrosting, assumed it was skirt steak,and used this recipe (without the red onion -- just a regular old yellow onion) -- marinated for about 10 hours. DH fired up the gas grill, and cooked in for 6 minutes per side (was thicker at one end). DELICIOUS !! Served with some frozen stir-fry veggies. Was VERY tender and tasty. Will hold this to use again. Thanks for posting.