Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe adapted from Eating Well and placed here for safe keeping. They recommend serving it atop a toasted piece of rye bread.
Top Review by mersaydees
Great BBQ recipe. Made for the Aussie Kiwi barbie and gluten free challenge by using gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce and substituting Green's Endeavor Belgian Dubbel (GF) for Guinness Stout. Fantastic recipe! So festive and delicious. Thanks, JanuryBride! Made for Diners, Winers, and Chives challenge for Aussie/Kiwi region in ZWT8.
- 1 cup guinness beer (may sub another stout)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (may sub 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb boneless rib-eye steak, 1 1/2 inches thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beer, sweet onion, soy sauce, molasses, rosemary, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a large sealable plastic bag. Add steaks. Seal the bag, shake and turn it, and refrigerate, flipping over and shaking the bag from time to time, for 12 to 18 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Reserve 1 cup marinade (discard the rest). Grill the steaks until browned on the first side, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn over and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak registers 125°F for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved 1 cup marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced by about half, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle each steak with about 1 tablespoon of the reduced sauce and serve.