1/2 Photos of Guinness Marinated Rib Eye Steaks
Recipe adapted from Eating Well and placed here for safe keeping. They recommend serving it atop a toasted piece of rye bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup guinness beer (may sub another stout)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (may sub 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb boneless rib-eye steak, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1Combine beer, sweet onion, soy sauce, molasses, rosemary, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a large sealable plastic bag. Add steaks. Seal the bag, shake and turn it, and refrigerate, flipping over and shaking the bag from time to time, for 12 to 18 hours.
- 2Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Reserve 1 cup marinade (discard the rest). Grill the steaks until browned on the first side, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn over and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak registers 125°F for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place the reserved 1 cup marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced by about half, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4Drizzle each steak with about 1 tablespoon of the reduced sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Marinated Rib Eye Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.4
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.5 g