1/1 Photo of Guinness Ice Cream
5 hrs 15 mins
Created by pastry chef Cory Barrett. Similar to Ben & Jerry's "Black and Tan" flavor. Food & Wine Magazine, Feb 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Guinness, cream and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large heat-proof bowl. Slowly add the hot Guinness cream, whisking constantly until well-blended.
- 3Strain back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 6 minutes, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Do not let boil.
- 4Set a medium bowl inside a large bowl filled with ice water. Pour the custard into the medium bowl. Stir occasionally until the custard is cold, about 30 minutes. Change the ice as needed.
- 5Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze per manufacturer's instructions. Pack into an airtight container and place into freezer until firm, about 4 hours.
- 6Serve with chocolate-covered pretzels.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 288.4 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g