1/15 Photos of Guinness Cupcakes With Bailey's Frosting
1 hr 5 mins
The ultimate St. Patrick's Day dessert. Prep time includes time for cooling in step 2. Adapted from a recipe at http://tinyurl.com/ao6avy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 2/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 24-30 cupcake cups, or fill with paper liners.
- 2In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 3Into the work bowl of a stand mixer (or into a large mixing bowl), sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat on medium for 1 minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 4Divide the batter evenly amongst the cupcake cups. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- 5Meanwhile, in (cleaned) work bowl of stand mixer, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt, and slowly add confectioners sugar. Do not run the mixer above low, or the sugar will spray all over your kitchen. Add a couple of spoonsful at a time until it has all been absorbed into the butter. Add Bailey's and milk until spreadable consistency is achieved.
- 6Frost cupcakes with Bailey's frosting. Sprinkle with green jimmies.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Cupcakes With Bailey's Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (4638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: