Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Instead of butter this recipe uses canola oil and soy milk ... whether it's actually better for you I'm not sure :P (Got this from http://dulcedoblog.blogspot.com/. Looks yummy but haven't made it yet.)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Guinness stout
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the soy milk and the vinegar. Add the Guinness, sugar, oil, and vanilla to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy. Add the dry ingredients in two batches and beat until well incorporated.
- Fill your cupcakes containers of choice 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly touched. Transfer to a wire rack and allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.