Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
Found this on http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
- Bring 1 cup stout and 1 cup butter to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend. Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine. Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed. Using rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined.
- Divide batter among cupcake liners, filling them 2/3 to 3/4 of the way. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, rotating them once front to back if your oven bakes unevenly, about 17 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a rack completely.