Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Source: Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Slow cooking Cookbook 3
- 2 (10 ounce) canscampbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness stout
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 4 quart crock pot, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with cubed whole grain bread or other crudites.
Although I think the flavor was nice, for some reason the cheese never melted. The texture was not good. I even tried microwaving it to see if I could get it to come together, and although it was steaming hot, the cheese never melted. I have made fondue several times and this has never happened - I'd appreciate any suggestions on what I did wrong. Thanks!