Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 fluid ounces Guinness stout
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Peel and slice carrots into long, thin slices.
- Melt butter in medium-size frying pan; add beer and carrots.
- Cook slowly until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in salt and sugar.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and serve hot.
I used baby carrots and sliced them in half length-wise. Easy recipe, but the Guinness is a tad bitter for my taste. Will try again with a "lighter" dark beer.
I made this part of my St. Patrick's day menu Menu #14836. I skipped the salt. Less beer can be used. And a tad more butter. I also used baby carrots.
We didn't like this...not sure why, just wasn't our taste.