1/3 Photos of Guinness Cake
Inspired by OPRAH, yes, TRUE! Changed about a thing or two, A Guinness a day keeps the doctor away, This cake is GREAT! What more can I say???
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 tablespoons butter (Yes Tablespoons, Can Use Flora - Non Cholesterol!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1CREAM together 16 Tablespoons Butter, Brown Sugar and Sugar.
- 2MIX together Baking Powder, Ginger, Cardaomon, Allspice, Salt, Flour and Cocoa Powder.
- 3In separate bowl, COMBINE eggs and Guinness.
- 4ADD half the dry ingredients to Butter and Sugar mixture and THEN half the wet ingredients; REPEAT again.
- 5Pre-heat overn to 350 degrees and line (2) 9 inch circular pans with wax or baking paper.
- 6Pour batter into pans and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- 7While cooking, in separate bowl, BEAT together Softened Cream Cheese and 1/2 Cup Butter until well mixed and MIX in 1 1/2 Pounds of Confectioner's Sugar; ADD Vanilla extract.
- 8When cake is cooled, place frosting on top of each layer of cake and place one cake on top of the other and continue to frost entire rest of cake and-- ENJOY!
- 9NOTE: Have not made yet, TRUE!
- 10BUT-- LOVE anything Guinness too!
- 11Am sure someone could suggest healthier way to make, HOPE you enjoy and for your own sake!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Cake
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 298.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 67.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g