Recipe by Member #610488
A thick and chewy brownie, this recipe is from a local Irish pub and is available on their bar menu as a dessert.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl with chocolate. Add sugar and cocoa and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs, stir until incorporated into the sugar and chocolate mixture. The batter should be glossy.
- Add Guinness, flour, coconut and chocolate chips to bowl.
- Pour into a buttered 9x12 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-24 minutes.
- When done, the brownies will be puffed slightly around the edges of the pan, but gooey in the middle.