Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Guinness - it's not just for drinking any more!
- 2 lbs large fresh shrimp
- 6 fluid ounces Guinness stout
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine Guinness and remaining ingredients in a large shallow dish; add shrimp, stirring gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade.
- Thread neck and tail of each shrimp onto six 14-inch skewers so shrimp will lie flat; place skewers on a lightly greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 5½ inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 3 minutes; turn and broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
This was great and easy to do. The I did marinate the shrimp overnight and I used the entire bottle of guinness so they were completely covered. It was easy and tasty