Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
To make this low(er) carb, you can substitute real mashed potatoes with my recipe for low-carb mashed instead. (That way you can eat MORE, LOL!)
- 2267.96 g beef
- 118.29 ml soy flour
- salt and pepper
- 73.94 ml suet (or oil)
- 3 onions
- 453.59 g mushroom, chopped
- 2 (453.59 g) can Guinness stout
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 4 bay leaves
- garlic clove
- 29.58 ml tomato puree dissolved in 4 tbsp water
- 591.47 ml carrots
- 1 few potato (optional)
- Cube beef into about 1 inches squares.
- Toss meat in a bowl w/ 1Tbsp oil.
- Season meat w/ flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat rest of oil in pot and brown meat then remove.
- Add onions, tomato purree mixture and garlic to pot and cover.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes then reintroduce meat to the pot and add everything else except the potatoes.
- Add a light sprinkle of salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- With 45 minutes left add the potatoes and Serve.
- Best served with mashed potatoes but if you added the potatoes directly to the stew you will be fine.