1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A family favourite. The Guiness mellows during the cooking to produce a yummy gravy. I do like Queen Dragon Mum's idea of adding the molasses if you don't like prunes as that takes the edge off the Guiness too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the beef all over.
- 3Remove the beef to an oven proof casserole dish.
- 4Add the garlic and onions to the frypan and cook'til the onion is soft.
- 5Add the sugar and stir until caramelised.
- 6Remove to the casserole dish.
- 7Add the carrots and bay leaf to the casserole too.
- 8Dissolve the stock cubes and flour in the water and add to the frypan with the Guinness.
- 9Heat until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 10Pour over the meat in the casserole and stir to combine.
- 11Cover the casserole, and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- 12Add the prunes and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 555.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g