Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A family favourite. The Guiness mellows during the cooking to produce a yummy gravy. I do like Queen Dragon Mum's idea of adding the molasses if you don't like prunes as that takes the edge off the Guiness too.
- Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the beef all over.
- Remove the beef to an oven proof casserole dish.
- Add the garlic and onions to the frypan and cook'til the onion is soft.
- Add the sugar and stir until caramelised.
- Remove to the casserole dish.
- Add the carrots and bay leaf to the casserole too.
- Dissolve the stock cubes and flour in the water and add to the frypan with the Guinness.
- Heat until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour over the meat in the casserole and stir to combine.
- Cover the casserole, and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Add the prunes and cook for a further 30 minutes.