Top Review by Jill4man
These were tasty ribs. My husband loves Guiness so the very thought that these marinated overnight in it was enough to get his mouth watering! I used pork ribs as we are not big beef rib fans.
- 4 lbs short rib of beef
- 24 fluid ounces Guinness stout
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 fluid ounces sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 fluid ounces honey
- 2 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- ---To Prepare The Ribs---.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Guinness, onion, 4 fluid ounces soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and 3 tablespoons minced garlic.
- Place the ribs in a glass baking dish and pour the marinade over them.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- ---To Prepare The Glaze---.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, 2 fluid ounces soy sauce, parsley, 1 tablespoon garlic, and pepper.
- ---Fire Up The Grill---.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place them on the grill over medium coals.
- Grill until cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with the glaze and cook 1 minute per side.
- Serve with the remaining glaze.