Recipe by Laura M
Got this outstanding recipe from the "Follow that Food" show. This is the dish most requested by tourists at the Guinness brewery. They served it with steamed baby root vegetables and potatoes. Really really good!!
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can Guinness stout
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 4 ounce serving size pieces and remove any fat.
- In a large dish, combine shallots, garlic, steak seasoning and 3/4 of the Guinness. Marinate the steak for 3 hours.
- In a very hot skillet, sear the meat for 2 minutes per side for rare, longer if you prefer more well done. Remove to a warm plate.
- Add the marinade and the rest of the Guinness to the skillet and boil to reduce by about 75%. Remove rosemary and shallots.
- Serve steak with reduction drizzeled over it.