Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this outstanding recipe from the "Follow that Food" show. This is the dish most requested by tourists at the Guinness brewery. They served it with steamed baby root vegetables and potatoes. Really really good!!
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can Guinness stout
- Cut steak into 4 ounce serving size pieces and remove any fat.
- In a large dish, combine shallots, garlic, steak seasoning and 3/4 of the Guinness. Marinate the steak for 3 hours.
- In a very hot skillet, sear the meat for 2 minutes per side for rare, longer if you prefer more well done. Remove to a warm plate.
- Add the marinade and the rest of the Guinness to the skillet and boil to reduce by about 75%. Remove rosemary and shallots.
- Serve steak with reduction drizzeled over it.
Absolutely delicious! The steak was tender and juicy - we did cook each side closer to 5 minutes each for medium. Thank You!
OMG! I just saw this show and I went looking for the recipe thinking I may have forgot an ingredient. I cannot believe I found it. Thanks for posting this recipe Laura. I cook alot with Guinness and every recipe is awesome. I know this will be fabulous too. Cannot wait to make. Guinness rocks; especially with cooking.
Yum! The star of the show!! My steaks were quite thick and a bit more rare than some of us usually choose but they were so tender and flavourful. I think I will throw them on the bar-b-que next time while I reduce the sauce. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing your recipe.