4 hrs 10 mins
Debi and Johnny's Note:
Cooked over indirect heat these slow cooked ribs are as tasty as any we've come across. Using the Bbq all year, ribs are one of our go to meals and anyone who has tried them always asks for the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs pork baby back ribs (2 racks)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or salt)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Bulls Eye Guinness Bbq Sauce)
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1Remove the ribs from packaging and using a sharp knive slit the membrane on the bone side of the rack and attempt to remove as much of it as you can. It is edible so don't worry if you can't get it all. Rinse the ribs under cold water and allow to sit at room temperature while you make the rub.
- 2Mix the Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chilli Powder, Oregano, Basil, Ground Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to make the rub.
- 3Using a basting brush put a thin layer of the yellow mustard on both sides of the rack. Sprikle the rub onto both sides in as even a coat as possible.
- 4Preheat your grill to 225 F leaving one side of the grill off. Take your time doing this and make sure the temperature stays within 5 F to allow even cooking temperature.
- 5Place the racks of ribs on the side of the grill with no direct heat with the bone side down. Cook ribs for 4 - 6 Hours depending on your grill.
- 6About 30 minutes before you remove the ribs, baste them with the Bbq sauce and allow to turn into a glaze on the ribs.
- 7Remove the ribs and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes before eating to allow the meat to rest.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (2082 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2194.1
- Calories from Fat 1364
- Total Fat 151.5 g
- Saturated Fat 52.7 g
- Cholesterol 625.9 mg
- Sodium 2051.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 176.9 g