Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooked over indirect heat these slow cooked ribs are as tasty as any we've come across. Using the Bbq all year, ribs are one of our go to meals and anyone who has tried them always asks for the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- 4 lbs pork baby back ribs (2 racks)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or salt)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (Bulls Eye Guinness Bbq Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- Remove the ribs from packaging and using a sharp knive slit the membrane on the bone side of the rack and attempt to remove as much of it as you can. It is edible so don't worry if you can't get it all. Rinse the ribs under cold water and allow to sit at room temperature while you make the rub.
- Mix the Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chilli Powder, Oregano, Basil, Ground Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to make the rub.
- Using a basting brush put a thin layer of the yellow mustard on both sides of the rack. Sprikle the rub onto both sides in as even a coat as possible.
- Preheat your grill to 225 F leaving one side of the grill off. Take your time doing this and make sure the temperature stays within 5 F to allow even cooking temperature.
- Place the racks of ribs on the side of the grill with no direct heat with the bone side down. Cook ribs for 4 - 6 Hours depending on your grill.
- About 30 minutes before you remove the ribs, baste them with the Bbq sauce and allow to turn into a glaze on the ribs.
- Remove the ribs and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes before eating to allow the meat to rest.